*Student 1st-author, ‡Postdoc 1st-author
In review and In press:
- Rudolph, M.L., Moulik, P., and Lekic, V.L. Bayesian inference of mantle viscosity from whole-mantle density models. In review.
- ‡Lourenco, D. and Rudolph, M.L. Shallow lower mantle viscosity modulates the pattern of mantle structure. Submitted to G-cubed.
34. *Citron, R., Lourenço, D.L., Wilson, A., Grima, A., Wipperfurth, S., Rudolph, M.L., Cottaar, S., and Montési, L. Effects of heat-producing elements on the stability of deep mantle thermochemical piles. Accepted in G-cubed.
33. Rudolph, M.L, Lourenço, D.L., Moulik, P., and Lekic, V.L. (2020). Long-wavelength mantle structure: geophysical constraints and dynamical models. Accepted for publication in AGU Monograph "Deep Earth Material Cycles and Surface Expressions". [preprint]
31. ‡Williams, C.D., Mukhopadyay, S., Rudolph, M.L., Romanowicz, B. (2019). Primitive helium is sourced from seismically slow regions in the lowermost mantle. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 20(8), 4130-4145. Link [pdf]
29. Tingay, M, Manga, M., Rudolph, M.L., and Davies, R.J. (2018). An alternative review of facts, coincidences and past and future studies of the Lusi eruption. Journal of Marine and Petroleum Geology 95, 345-361. Link [pdf]
28. Rudolph, M.L., and Sohn, R. (2017). A model for internal oscillations in geysers. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 343, 17-24. Link
27. Li, M.M., Black, B., Zhong, S.J., Manga, M., Rudolph, M., and Olson, P. (2016) Quantifying melt production and degassing rate at mid-ocean ridges from global mantle convection models with plate motion history. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 17(7), 2884–2904. Link [pdf]
21. Zhong, S. and Rudolph, M.L. (2015) On the Temporal Evolution of Long-wavelength Mantle Structure of the Earth Since the Early Paleozoic. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 16(5) 1599-1615. Link [pdf]
18. Muñoz-Saez, C., Manga, M., Hurwitz, S., Rudolph, M.L., and Namiki, A. (2015). Dynamics within geyser conduits, and sensitivity to environmental conditions: Insights from a periodic geyser in the El Tatio Geyser Field, Atacama Desert, Chile. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research 292, 41-55. Link [pdf]
17. Vandemeulebrouck, J., Sohn, R.A., Rudolph, M.L, Hurwitz, S., Johnston, M.J.S., Soule, S.A., McPhee, D, Glen, J.M.G., Karlstrom, L., Murphy, F., and Manga, M. (2014). Eruption dynamics at Lone Star Geyser, Yellowstone National Park, USA, Part 2: Geophysical Constraints on Subsurface Dynamics. Journal of Geophysical Research B. doi: 10.1002/2014JB011526 Link [pdf]
16. Rudolph, M.L., and Zhong, S.J. History and dynamics of the net rotation of the mantle and lithosphere. (2014). Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 15(9) 3645-3657, doi:10.1002/2014GC005457 Link [pdf]
Featured on the cover of G3 Link
14. Karlstrom, L., Hurwitz, S., Sohn, R., Vandemeulebrouck, J., Murphy, F., Rudolph, M., Johnston, M., Manga, M., and McCleskey, R.B. (2013) Eruptions at Lone Star Geyser, Yellowstone National Park, USA, Part 1: Energetics and Eruption Dynamics. JGR-B 118, 4048-4062. Link [pdf]
13. Rudolph, M.L., Shirzaei, M., Manga, M., Fukushima, Y. (2013), Evolution and future of the Lusi mud eruption inferred from ground deformation. Geophys. Res. Lett. 40, 1089-1092. DOI: 10.1002/grl.50189 Link [pdf]
9. Thomas, A.M., Burgmann, R., Shelley, D.R., Beeler, N.M., and Rudolph, M.L. (2012), Tidal sensitivity of low frequency earthquakes near Parkfield, CA: implications for fault mechanics below the brittle-ductile transition. J. Geophys. Res. B. 117, B05301 Link [pdf]
7. M.L. Rudolph, L. Karlstrom, and M. Manga (2011), A prediction of the longevity of the Lusi mud eruption, Indonesia, Earth and Planetary Science Letters 308, 124-130. [pdf]
6. M.L. Rudolph and M. Manga (2010), Mud Volcano Response to the April 4, 2010 El Mayor-Cucapah Earthquake, Journal of Geophysical Research (Solid Earth) 115, B12211 [pdf]
2. Y. Wang, E. Bollig, B. Kadlec, Z. Garbow, G. Erlebacher, D. Yuen, M. Rudolph, X. Yang, and E. Sevre "WEB-IS (Integrated System): An Overall View" Visual Geosciences 10(1), 27-42. Link
Refereed Conference Proceedings
M. Rudolph, T. Gerya, and D. Yuen, "Challenges in the Visualization of a Two-Dimensional Mantle Convection Simulation Using One Billion Tracers," Proceedings of the Third M.I.T. Conference on Computational Fluid and Solid Mechanics, June 2005